Become a Teacher
St Joseph’s College Teaching School Alliance is an organisation committed to serving the schools, teachers and pupils across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire.
- To help ensure all children have every opportunity to receive the very best educational experience possible in a culture of aspiration, pride, independence, and expertise.
- To help support the central role schools have in their communities.
- To facilitate meaningful collaboration across schools, alliances and MATs within the city, regionally and nationally.
- To attract and facilitate access to exceptional practitioners, leaders of education and academics.
- To provide evidence informed professional development at all stages of a career from trainees to CEOs
- To help ensure expertise is developed in response to citywide and national needs, using evidence to inform a purposeful, effective approach.
- To co-ordinate collaborative projects drawing together academic expertise, practitioner experience and ‘craft knowledge’ to promote and model a cultural shift in professional development.
- To work alongside the Regional Teaching School Council, neighboring Teaching School Alliances, Stoke-on-Trent Research School, Stoke-on-Trent Local Authority, and the Regional School Commissioners office to ensure high-impact, sustainable school improvement.
- To recruit, train and retain the very best of the next generation of teachers and leaders.
St Joseph’s College is offer paid teaching internships in the summer to maths and physics graduates. Please see the Internship flyer for further details.