- To help ensure all children have every opportunity to receive the very best educational experience possible in a culture of aspiration, pride, independence, and expertise.
- To help support the central role schools have in their communities.
- To facilitate meaningful collaboration across schools, alliances and MATs within the city, regionally and nationally.
- To attract and facilitate access to exceptional practitioners, leaders of education and academics.
- To provide evidence informed professional development at all stages of a career from trainees to CEOs
- To help ensure expertise is developed in response to citywide and national needs, using evidence to inform a purposeful, effective approach.
- To co-ordinate collaborative projects drawing together academic expertise, practitioner experience and ‘craft knowledge’ to promote and model a cultural shift in professional development.
- To work alongside the Regional Teaching School Council, neighboring Teaching School Alliances, Stoke-on-Trent Research School, Stoke-on-Trent Local Authority, and the Regional School Commissioners office to ensure high-impact, sustainable school improvement.
- To recruit, train and retain the very best of the next generation of teachers and leaders.